The European Charter and Code
The European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
- Recruitment enhancement - more transparency in recruitment reflecting OTM-R principles.
- Co-operation with the University on modifying the internal application for managing selection procedures Jobs.MU and on updating the MU Regulations on Competitive Selectin Procedure. At the faculty level, creation of Dean's Measure No. 7/2022 - Selection Procedure Rules of the MU Faculty of Education.
- Clarification of the process, creation of a practical Guide to the selection process at the MU Faculty of Education, evaluation forms, provision of relevant information for foreign job applicants (see Career page - FAQs).
- Adjustments to the advertisement template (to increase transparency).
- Taking into account the requirement for a gender-balanced composition of the panel, including training.
- Establishment of a Postdoctoral school, Facebook.
- Organizing events within the framework of the (Post)Doctoral School - methodological workshops, academic writing course in English, Ph.D. Day, Ph.D. conferences, an informal gathering of Ph.D. students "Doktorandění."
- Concept of Support for Early-Stage Researchers at the MU Faculty of Education including the concept of mentoring support and support for researchers from abroad.
- Promotional materials: for doctoral studies (in printed and video form), informative roll-up banners.
- International trips to HR Award-certified institutions or doctoral schools. Support for early-stage researchers to participate in international events.
- Support onboarding, orientation to the faculty environment, and integration of new employees. A set of materials for new employees and their Department Heads (including handbooks).
- Conveying important information: Onboarding web page: Newly Employed, updated information for non-teaching units.
- Mentor allocation upon entry.
- Information on the activities of the Centre for International Cooperation, International Staff Office (ISO).
- The evaluation Concept refers to relevant internal standards and regulations, describes the set-up and process of evaluation, provides a summary of possible areas for evaluation, resources for training and outlines career development opportunities. The information is complemented by infographics.
- IS Employee Evaluation Application: is designed for the evaluation of non-academic employees in Czech (including a guidelines for completing the application).
- Redesign of the electronic EVAK system (in cooperation with RMU ‒ simplification and reduction of EVAK indicators at the university level, reflected in the application).
- Strengthening managerial skills through training (e.g., leadership and management skills, soft skills, gender awareness, public relations training, and strategy management).
- One-year blended-learning course on publication skills for early-stage researchers.
- Training designed for non-academic departments.
- Equal Opportunities Audit at the Faculty of Education MU.
- The MU Gender Equality Plan fot the years 2022‒2024 (GEP MU).
- Awareness-raising activities.
- Establishment of a working group on gender issues, so-called change agents.
- Institutional solutions for measures against forms of gender-based violence (sexual harassment including
methodology summarized comprehensively here, training of faculty contact persons).
- Use of gender-sensitive language in internal regulations, in written and spoken communication.
- Development of a Guide to Gender-Sensitive Communication at the PdF – an overview of the main principles, concrete examples of possible formulations of documents in gender-sensitive language, and suggestions for replacing generic masculinities (in Czech, title: Průvodce genderově senzitivní komunikací na PdF)
Appointment of a coordinator for parental and maternity leave management (the Head of the HR Department).
- The Publishing Support website: Comprehensive systematization of available support in individual stages of publishing, the introduction of relevant internal documents (e.g., the Publishing and Research Support Strategy at the MU Faculty of Education), tools and forms of support, an overview of ethics, intellectual property and scientific identity, list of proofreaders. A downloadable infographic of the publishing process is also available.
- Infographic of the services of the Marketing and External Relations Office.
- Increasing the visibility of information on Habilitation Proceedings and Appointment of Professor.
- Organization of the Research Symposium, presentation of staff results.
- At the university level, publication of the MU Open Science Strategy 2022-2028.
- Linking university and faculty web links and relevant information.
- Project Support Office website: Information on the main departmental activities and support possibilities in different project phases. The Projects tab provides a complete overview of current research funding options and its projects, operational programmes, internal, national, and international projects. Or Seminars supporting science tab.
- The Career website: job vacancies, comprehensive overview of benefits at FEd MU, basic information for foreign employees about life in Brno and the Czech Republic, FAQs.
- Launching a faculty directory on the Employee Portal.
- Restructuring of the science and research website.
- Adding department's vision statements, and outlining dissertation topics in relation to the research topics of the departments.
- Websites for the (Post)Doctoral School, The Publishing Support website, Newly Employed, updated information for non-teaching units.
These activities are supported by the Operational Programme Research, Development and Education in frame of the project “Development of Human Resources and other strategic areas to support research at MU (HR4MUII)“, nr. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_054/0014703.