The European Commission grants HR Excellence in Research Award (further HR Award) to institutions that implement HRS4R strategy (The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers) based on respecting 40 principles set out in The European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission recommendation of March 11, 2005).
Although the HR Award is primarily focused on researchers, the impact of changes in the HR strategy will affect all employees of the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University. These include, for example, the improvement and enhancement of the working environment, increasing support for professional growth and career development, more information on ethical and professional aspects, and ensuring a transparent recruitment and selection process. This award also brings the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University a better position (the point advantages) for obtaining funding for research from domestic and European programs to support research, especially in the HORIZON 2020 and TA CR programs.
On April 23, 2021, the European Commission granted the Faculty of Education the HR Excellence in Research Award certification. We are currently in the implementation phase of the HR Award process, where we set up procedures to enhance working conditions and implement the approved Action Plan activities.
The HR Award process consist of the following phases:
Benefits of the Implementation of HRS4R
- Increasing prestige and attractiveness of the Faculty for researchers
- Improving the quality of care for human resources
- Creating conditions for a more attractive career in research and development at the University
- Ensuring transparent recruitment and selection of new researchers
- Acknowledgment of experience from mobilities in the public and private sectors
- Development of professional growth of researchers
- Obtaining funds for research from European and national research supporting programmes
- Linking to a pan-European network of research organisations
These activities are supported by the Operational Programme Research, Development and Education in frame of the project “Development of Human Resources and other strategic areas to support research at MU (HR4MUII)“, nr. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_054/0014703.