Over the summer, the HR Award working group collaborated to improve working conditions at the MU Faculty of Education. We addressed the areas of recruitment and selection, Postdoctoral School, gender, onboarding, website modification, etc.
We completed several exciting outputs.
- We dealt with the matter of evaluation. We piloted an application to assess non-academic employees and created several illustrative infographics, which are part of the material Evaluation Concept at the MU Faculty of Education. The concept informs FEd employees about the set processes, refers to relevant internal standards, comprehensively describes the setup and process of evaluation, offers a summary of resources for training, and presents career development opportunities. The outcomes in the area of evaluation will be presented in an interview with Vice-dean for quality and strategy (available in mid-October here).
- We have completed the Guide to Gender-Sensitive Communication at FEd MU (in Czech only) which is intended for those who want to contribute to creating an open and respectful environment in how they communicate. The guide offers an overview of the main principles, and provides concrete examples of how to formulate documents in gender-sensitive language and how to deal with generic masculinities whose use contributes to the visibility of a part of the population.
- We have created the Onboarding to a leadership position handbook (in Czech only). It is intended for new and existing Department Heads of MU Faculty of Education. It introduces leaders to key aspects of the job, offers relevant resources and links for performing the role, management tips, and shares good practices. The handbook is complemented by an interesting Infographic of the Main activities.
- We've created an Infographic of publishing support to illustrate the process. The area of publishing support is almost completed. We only need to publish the university documents – the Code of Ethics and the Open Access Strategy (expected October/November 2022).
- We have launched a faculty directory on the Employee Portal (for now in Czech). Our staff can find relevant resources and quick links in one place in a clear format. The Portal is also designed to make it easier to find information aggregated from IS and INET. The content of the Portal has also been reviewed at the University level, with individual pages updated, moved, and grouped under a new menu.
- We have made available the following web pages in English: PostDoctoral school, Publishing Support, Newly Employed.
All outputs of the HR Award project can be viewed here.
In June 2022, the HR Award information seminar was implemented, where the faculty employees were, among other things, introduced to specific examples of the implementation of the action plan activities – news. If you missed the seminar, you could view the presentation. You will find the actions scheduled for the rest of the year 2022. We have already accomplished some of the points over the summer. The Gantt chart traditionally records the progress made in completing the activities.