An Autism and Behaviour Management training for P.E school teachers (P.E.rfect)
- Project Identification
- Project Period
- 1/2023 - 12/2024
- Investor / Pogramme / Project type
- Erasmus+ Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Strategic Partnerships in the field of education, training and youth
- MU Faculty or unit
- Faculty of Education
- Cooperating Organization
Studies in Social Inclusion, Diversity and Engagement
The purpose of this project is to empower physical education teachers to support the effective inclusion of children with autism in education, by providing them with appropriate skills, knowledge, effective strategies and locally-appropriate training. The project will learn from what is currently taking place within partner countries.
The objectives of this project are:
- To map current good practice and scope areas needing development with regard to the physical education classed in mainstream schools of children with autism in partner countries.
- To develop a model training programme and materials for physical education teachers teaching students with autism in mainstream schools.
- To train trainers for physical education teachers.
- To use these materials to pilot the professional development/training programme to physical education teachers.
- To develop handbook for physical education teachers regarding autism students.
- To develop e-learning platform
- To develop toolkit for physical education teachers.
- To evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the materials and the impact of the training using quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- To share the programme, tools and materials with stakeholders and make recommendations to national policy-makers in these countries and more widely within Europe.