Basic and applied research is an important activity of department of education. Our aim is research of teachers training which covers these topics:
- Professional teachers training
- Reflection of teachers training
- Evaluation of teachers education
- Teachers’ work with student diversity, differentiation and personalization of teaching
- Power and strategy in a classroom
- Practical and tacit knowledge among new teachers
- Evaluation and self-evaluation of pupils
We carry out basic research mainly within the framework of acquired projects, eg from the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (GA ČR ), Horizont, the European Science Foundation (ESF) or within the specific research of Masaryk University.
GA ČR is an organizational unit of the state, administrator of category of a budget and independent accounting entity which administrates special-purpose and institutional means assigned by the law of state budget of the Czech Republic. These means are assigned to solve grant projects which are chosen in public competitions. GA ČR announces public competitions concerning solving grant project of basic research in specified fields and in approved programs. Calles for project submission are announced regularly once per a year. Grant project is project of basic research whose aims and ways of solving are set by participant or proposer.
In our department there were solved this particular grant research lately:
- Analysis of determinants of self-assessment of English language skills and motivation to learn English in Czech lower secondary students (2020-2022) GA20-05484S
- Narrative identities of actors in education at private alternative schools (2020-2022) GA20-12828S
- Ethnography of Diversity in Pre-Service Teacher Education (2019-2021) GA19-06763S
- Strategies of classroom management by students of education and experienced teachers at the second grade of primary school (2016-2018) GA16-02177S
- Acquiring of tacit knowledge by students of education in the course of their practice (2013-2016) GA13-200496S
- Power of students of education in school class (2013-2015) GA13-24456S
Applied research is used to gain new knowledge focused on specific use in educational practice. We solve applied research mainly in assigned projects, e.g. Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TAČR / ÉTA) and partly also the Grant Agency of Masaryk University (so-called specific research).
In our department there were solved this applied research lately:
Projects of college specific research are made by students who are in accredited doctor or master student’s program which are closely connected with their education. The aim of support is to strengthen the creative skills of students in a field of research and development which is leading to intensive engagement of students in issues solved especially in team research and development activities at faculties.
In our department there were solved this particular specific research lately:
- Montessoti Teacher´s Reflected Professional Identity (2022, MUNI/IGA/0985/2021)
- Novice teachers´ communication strategies to respond to student behavior: A student-centered approach (2022, MUNI/IGA/1098/2021)
- E-learning and future teachers: abalysis of educational needs (2021, MUNI/IGA/1204/2020)
- Current Challenges in the Teaching Profession of the 21st Century (2021, MUNI / A / 1481/2020)
- Analysis of Reflective Diaries of Teacher Students (2020, MUNI / A / 1238/2019)
- Subjective perception of readiness of students of teaching study programs of follow-up master’s study for their profession (readiness for profession) (2019, MUNI/A/1502/2018)
- Follow-up research on the implementation of an innovated pedagogical-psychological module in the undergraduate preparation of PdF students in the second year (2018, MUNI/A/1192/2017)
- Research into the implementation of an innovated pedagogical-psychological module in the undergraduate preparation of PdF students (2017, MUNI/A/1276/2016)
- Hidden Determinants of Teacher Behavior (2015)
- Determinants of efficiency of teachers training (2015)
- Knowledge bases of teaching and its reflection (2014)
- Teacher in theory and practice (2013)