You can take the State Final Examination (SZZ) including the defence of your final thesis in accordance with the Study and Examination Regulations at the end of the Spring and Autumn semesters. The orderly completion of studies in Bachelor's, Master's and Follow-up Master's degree programmes is regulated by Dean's Instruction No. 1/2019 (in Czech only).
The methodology of assigning, preparing, submitting and evaluating final theses is regulated by Dean's Instruction No. 1/2015 (in Czech only). The annex to this instruction includes the form of the final thesis project, information on correct citation in the professional text and recommendations for the evaluation of final theses (for supervisors).
In the case of English taught programmes, potential supervisors from the Department of English Language and Literature will provide maximum support.
- successful completion of all compulsory and selective courses for the entire study programme – the highest levels in the Check my Studies application are green
- the appropriate number of credits – at least 180 in Bachelor's degree programmes, at least 120 in Follow-up Master's degree programmes
- updating all information in the thesis topic in the Information System within 10 days before the deadline for uploading the thesis to the archive (i.e. correct indication of the supervisor, title of the thesis in the language in which it is written, title of the thesis in English langugage)
- the thesis is uploaded to the archive
Bachelor's degree programme
The Bachelor's State final examination takes the form of a written test. The Departments of Education and Psychology have prepared an overview of the study areas covered by the test.
Master's degree programme
Do not hesitate to contact the representatives of the Departments of Education and Psychology, they will take care of you and recommend the right colleagues for further consultations.
Download the indicative schedule of State final exams for the upcoming period (in Czech only). Look for the "ENG" attribute.
At the turn of February/March we publish the schedule for May/June.
At the turn of October/September we publish the schedule for January/February.
- examination dates: May, June
- application for the SZZ: by 30 March
- updating the information in the thesis topic: by 10 April
- uploading the thesis to the Information System archive: by 20 April
- fulfilment of the conditions for access to the SZZ (control templates, credits): by 25 April
- failure to meet the bolded deadlines is an obstacle to passing the SZZ in the Spring semester
- examination dates: January, February
- application for the SZZ: by 30 November
- updating the information in the thesis topic: by 31 November
- uploading the thesis to the Information System archive: by 10 December
- fulfilment of the conditions for access to the SZZ (control template, credits): by 15 December
- failure to meet the bolded deadlines is an obstacle to passing the SZZ in the Autumn semester