- About Us
- Current Students
- Pedagogické asistentství
- Učitelství pro ZŠ
- Učitelství pro ZŠ a JŠ
- Primary Pedagogy (NŠ)
- Celoživotní vzdělávání
- International Exchanges
- Teaching Practice
- Prospective Students
- Links & Conferences
- Contact Us
State Exam Format
The final Bachelor Exam will consist of two parts:
- Written Exam:
- Thesis Defense: Presentation (e.g., Powerpoint, OHP) followed by a discussion.
Before the Defense:
- The thesis must be uploaded into IS on time.
- In addition to the electronic copy, the thesis must be delivered in two hard copies (at least spiral binding).
- At least one week before the defense, reports written by the supervisor and second reader will be placed in the IS archive for the work. It is expected that at the defense, the student will be acquainted with the reports and will be able to react to comments made therein.
At the Defense:
- The student will first be asked to give a brief summary of their thesis (the main arguments and outcomes).
- The student will then be invited by the chair to react to comments in the reports. The student should speak to each point concisely.
- Additional questions may be asked by members of the committee.
- The committee will hold a brief office after which the resulting mark is announced to the student.
What is Evaluated:
- The ability of the student to present their thesis and argue their case, their conduct in discussion.
- The ability to use appropriate and relevant arguments and reactions to questions and comments.
- Their acquaintance with the reports and preparation.
- The student's ability to use English appropriately and express their views confidently. level of English and their communicative skills.
- Bring both reports with you.
- Prepare notes to which you may refer to in the course of the defense.
- Be brief, organized and to-the-point.
- Be open to comments and questions. Argue your case where you see fit but acknowledge your mistakes if justified.