Research and Publications
Basic and applied research is an important activity of Department of Education.
Our aim is research of teachers training which covers these topics:
- Professional teachers training
- Reflection of teachers training
- Evaluation of teachers education
- Teachers’ work with student diversity, differentiation and personalization of teaching
- Classroom management and teacher power
- Practical and tacit knowledge of novice teachers
- Evaluation and self-evaluation of students
We carry out basic research mainly within the framework of acquired projects, e.g. from the Czech Science Foundation (Grantová agentura ČR – GA ČR), Horizont, the European Science Foundation (ESF).
GA ČR is an organizational unit of the state, administrator of category of a budget and independent accounting entity which administrates special-purpose and institutional means assigned by the law of state budget of the Czech Republic. These means are assigned to solve grant projects which are chosen in public competitions. GA ČR announces public competitions concerning solving grant project of basic research in specified fields and in approved programs. Calls for project submission are announced regularly once per a year. Grant project is project of basic research whose aims and ways of solving are set by the research solver.
Recently acquired research projects at the DE:
- Analyzing the determinants of self-reported English language knowledge and motivation for English language learning in Czech lower secondary students (2020-2022, GA20-05484S)
- Narrative identities of actors in education at private alternative schools (2020-2022, GA20-12828S)
- Ethnography of Diversity in Pre-Service Teacher Education (2019-2021, GA19-06763S)
- Strategies of classroom management by students of education and experienced teachers at the second grade of primary school (2016-2018, GA16-02177S)
- Acquiring of tacit knowledge by students of education in the course of their practice (2013-2016, GA13-20049S)
- Power of students of education in school class (2013-2015, GA13-24456S)
Applied research is used to gain new knowledge focused on specific use in educational practice. We solve applied research mainly in assigned projects, e.g. Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TAČR / ÉTA).
Recent applied research projects at the DE:
Projects of specific research at universities in the Czech Republic are solved by doctoral and master students. The aim of these projects is to strenghten students´research skills in a give field of research. Students are intensively participating in issues solved especially in team research and development activities at faculties.
Recent specific research projects solved at DE:
- Montessori Teacher´s Reflected Professional Identity (2022, MUNI/IGA/0985/2021)
- Novice teachers´ communication strategies to respond to student behavior: A student-centered approach (2022, MUNI/IGA/1098/2021)
- E-learning and future teachers: analysis of educational needs (2021, MUNI/IGA/1204/2020)
- Current Challenges in the Teaching Profession of the 21st Century (2021, MUNI / A / 1481/2020)
- Analysis of Reflective Diaries of Teacher Students (2020, MUNI / A / 1238/2019)
- Subjective perception of readiness of students of teaching study programs of follow-up master’s study for their profession (readiness for profession) (2019, MUNI/A/1502/2018)
- Follow-up research on the implementation of an innovated pedagogical-psychological module in the undergraduate preparation of PdF students in the second year (2018, MUNI/A/1192/2017)
- Research into the implementation of an innovated pedagogical-psychological module in the undergraduate preparation of PdF students (2017, MUNI/A/1276/2016)
- Hidden Determinants of Teacher Behavior (2015, MUNI/A/1146/2015)
- Determinants of efficiency of teachers training (2015, MUNI/A/1317/2014)
- Knowledge bases of teaching and its reflection (2014, MUNI/A/0926/2013)
- Teacher in theory and practice (2013, MUNI/A/0714/2012)