About the departmentThe Department of Technical Education and Information Science is one of the departments of the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University. The website of the department summarizes information about activities of the department for the wider public as well as current information for students.
The Department of Technical Education and Information Science is located on the ground floor and in the basement of the Faculty of Education – Poříčí 31, Brno.Web: Department of Technical Education and Information Science
International conference: New Technologies in Education
WWW: Educational programmes of further training of educational staff
WWW: Technical Centre of Youth
StudyThe Department of Technical Education and Information Science:
- Prepares teaching assistants in full-time Bachelors degree study programmes of Technical Education and Information Science. The graduates may apply as administrators of computer equipment at lower secondary schools, advisers for the use of information technologies, administrators of school webpages, organizers of school magazine publishing, professional supervision in computer labs, heads of technical free-time activities, experts providing solutions to technical problems of schools, etc.
- Prepares future teachers in full-time follow-up Masters degree study programmes of teaching Technical and Information Education. The graduates acquire competences to teach technical and IT subjects at lower secondary schools, taught under different titles (such as information technology, digital technology, computer science, design and construction, practical activities, technical graphics, etc.) The graduates may also participate in administration of computer technology and networks at lower secondary schools.
- Provides the teaching of information technology as part of the so-called common core for students of all fields of study at the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University
- Participates in preparing future teachers in full-time and combined study programmes of teaching for primary schools. The department prepares future teachers for teaching practical activities with various materials at primary schools and for teaching subjects concerning information technology.
- Provides the teaching of information technologies for the University of Third Age.