About the faculty
The main task of the faculty is training and education of teachers for primary and lower secondary schools, and in some fields also for upper secondary schools. Besides teaching programmes the faculty also organizes the study of special and social pedagogy.
The faculty provides education in the Bachelor, Follow-up Master, Master and Doctoral programmes. The range of programmes of study includes lifelong studies, which responds to the needs of pedagogical practice through its supplementary extension, specialization and retraining programmes, as well as through short-term training courses.
Professional opportunities for graduates from the Faculty of Education and their competencies
Bachelor programmes graduates
- work as a teaching assistant to a teacher at primary and lower secondary schools
- work as instructors in leisure centres
- graduates are prepared for socially-educative work with people of all ages and from all social groups
- graduates are prepared for activities in special education in special kindergartens and school facilities
Master programmes graduates
- acquiring a teacher qualification in a chosen specialization for elementary, lower secondary and secondary schools and schools for learners with special study needs
Graduates from doctoral programmes
- academic staff at universities – in the fields of pedagogy, special education and research in education
- professional careers in the public sector or in company management